Egypt's presidency said on Saturday that it had been following the unfortunate events which occurred in front of the presidential palace on Friday. It stressed that the shocking video which depicts how some police officers deal with the protesters does not consist with human rights.
Footage of a number of policemen brutally beating, stripping and dragging one of the protesters near the presidential palace was widely spread on satellite channels and the internet.
The presidency posted a statement on its official page confirming its keenness on guaranteeing the rights of citizens, which prohibits torturing or terrorizing or inflicting physical or psychological harm upon them.
The presidency praised the reaction of the Ministry of the Interior to the incident, which confirmed that what happened was an individual act that does not reflect in any way the doctrine of the police.
"It is unacceptable to bid on individual errors which are denounced by everyone in order to justify aggression on state enterprises or adopt violence and vandalism rather than peaceful expression of opinion," said the presidency.
The presidency added that "there will be an immediate investigation into the incident. The findings will be announced to the public in full transparency to achieve the demands of the glorious revolution of January 25."