The Police are searching for a 30-year-old man, who was reported missing two weeks ago.
The Missing Persons' report filed with the Police says Omar Leo Oustazi went missing on January 15. He is a resident of Nyarugenge district.
Police Spokesperson, Theos Badege, said they are investigating the disappearance, adding that the Police have reliably learned that while his cell phone is currently switched off, there have been incidents where it was activated and calls were made.
The Police Spokesperson also added that Oustazi's social network accounts have been active during the time he was reported missing.
"His friends on Facebook have received messages saying they should not worry about anything and he (Omar) is fine," Badege added.
Oustazi is a student at the Institut Polytechnique de Byumba, a vocational school in the Northern Province.
In July last year, a journalist was reported to have been kidnapped but after thorough investigations, it was discovered that he had faked his ordeal.
Police discovered that on the alleged night the reporter was kidnapped, his phone was active and he spoke to his friends, yet he claimed his cell phone and laptop had been confiscated.
The reporter later confessed to faking his kidnap, saying he was carrying out research for a story.
Police are appealing to anyone who has information regarding the whereabouts of Oustazi to call 0788311161.