Nertiti — The World Food Programme (WFP) is set to resume cards registration for food rations on Thursday in Nertiti camps, Central Darfur, after a suspension of over one year.
A sheikh told Radio Dabanga the decision was made after camps' representatives met with the WFP and the Sudanese Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) on Monday.
It was agreed during the meeting that all Nertiti camps would establish committees responsible for assisting the cards' registration.
One of the sheikhs appealed to all displaced who are traveling or working outside the camps to immediately return and take part in the registration process.
Sources told Radio Dabanga food provision had been suspended in Nertiti camps because the displaced initially refused to give up their names.
They feared the cards' re-registration was a scam of the government to acquire their information and dismantle the camps.