An Ogun State High Court sitting in Ayetoro in Yewa North local government area of Ogun State, Friday, struck out a case against the installation of Oniboro of Iboro-elect, prince Abayomi Salako.
The case which was filed in 2009 by one of the contenders of the throne, Alhaji Biliaminu Adebesin in a dramatic manner told the court that he was withdrawing the case.
The community had been without a monarch since 2007 following the demise of the traditional ruler.
Giving her ruling after the plaintiff announced his withdrawal, Justice A.O Asenuga said she was compelled to strike out the suit following the withdrawal of the case by the plaintiff.
Counsel to the defendant,Chief. Semiu Akinbami in an interview with newsmen said the " implication is that, the plaintiff is no longer aggreived with the first exercise that is the meaning.
"He came to court because he was aggreived,he is saying that as far as the exercise is concerned he is no longer aggrieved with the exercise.
"In view of the fact that we are aware that they have appointed new warrant king makers, that suggests that they are going to do something else to nullify the first one that is the implication, so we are in another court to challenge the competence of the new warrant king makers.
" We are saying that, they cannot be there, there are steps,the first step must be cancelled and we must know the reason legally.
" All the three contestants must be duely informed about the cancellation.Because, the fact that we contested for an election and lost does not mean that he should be excluded.
"Meanwhile, the first ecercise has not been set aside up till now, government has not said anything, they have even informed Abayomi Salako that the first exercise has been cancelled up till now, they are now saying that they have appointed new warrant king makers, that is not what the law say that should be done".