The Marie Claire Naked issue is now on sale and this year 41 celebrities joined the magazine in supporting the Organ Donor Foundation (ODF). Photographed by heart recipient Marguerite Oelofse, the collector's edition features some of South Africa's most prominent celebrities, sport stars and media personalities in the nude.
"This year's shoot is sublime, but what really takes one's breath away are the stories shared by our cover model Candice Boucher, our photographer Marguerite and the many of the celebs who participated," says Aspasia Karras, editor of Marie Claire. "Each one of them had a donor-related story to share and one can't help but to relook this very touchy subject and rethink one's involvement."
"Through organ donation, one person could save up to seven lives," says Jooste Vermeulen, director of communications of the Organ Donor Foundation. "This includes the use of one heart, up to two lungs, two kidneys, one liver and one pancreas. Tissue such as corneas, skin, bone and heart valves could be donated too, resulting in improving the lives of another 50 people.
"Becoming an organ donor is really easy and it costs nothing to register with the ODF. What is very important is to inform your family should you decide to become a donor. This year we want to register 50,000 new donors and we hope that the Marie Claire Naked campaign will help us towards that goal," concludes Jooste.
"Our aim this year is to get everyone not only talking about organ donation, but also to sign up to become donors, or support the ODF financially. I know I will be doing both," concludes Karras.
The magazine will be posting interviews from the various shoots over the next couple of weeks.
- Cover star: Candice Boucher
- Models: Rue Essop, Maryke Pieterse, Nicole Meyer, Tanya van Graan and Kate Menson
- TV Stars: Pearl Thusi and Bonnie Henna
- DJ: Stacey Norman
- Model and mother: Lee-Ann Liebenberg and her daughter, Gia
- Spud 2 cast members: Alex McGregor, Genna Blair and Rob van Vuuren
- Comedians: Siv Ngesi, Nik Rabinowitz and Daniel Friedman
- Singer and Idols finalist: Melissa Allison
- Radio talk show host: Aki Anastasiou
- Olympic swimmer: Cameron van der Burgh
- Sex journalist and blogger: Dorothy Black
- 'Ghetto Tech' DJs, Crazy White Boy: Konstantinos Karatamoglou and Ryan Murgatroyd
- Bar-One Manhunt Season 2 Winner: Lushwill Rossouw
- Screen goddesses: Roeline Daneel, Lalla Hirayama and Carishma Basday
- Lead singer of Lark: Inge Beckmann
- The muso: Benedikt Sebastian
- Designer: David Tlale
- Radio personalities: Damon Kalvari, Bailey Schneider and Rob Forbes
- Designer: Suzaan Heyns
- Rugby players: Keegan Daniel and Craig Burden
- Entertainers: Jonathan Boynton-Lee, Ty Keogh, Heino Schmitt and Bafikile Rapoo
- Heart recipient and photographer of the campaign: Marguerite Oelofse
- Heart surgeon: Dr Susan Vosloo