Education minister Mutula Kilonzo yesterday withdrew his case against a househelp who allegedly threatened him in June last year.
Kilonzo said he did no want to pursue the case against Irene Nduku Kasilu. The househlep is said to have sent an SMS threatening to kill him and harm his family members.
When the case came up for hearing yesterday, Mutula told senior principal magistrate Doreen Mulekyo that he had widely consulted his family, friends and his constituents over then matter and he wanted to withdraw his complaint.
"I have not been coerced by anybody to withdraw this case. I consulted my family and friends who have all agreed with me that I should not pursue this case" Said Kilonzo.
Consequently, the magistrate marked the case as withdrawn.
Nduku 25, had been accused of committing the offence on June 26 2012 at 3.08pm. She had been accused of committing the crime together with other people who were never brought to court.
When she was arraigned in court the first time, she stunned the court when she admitted to sending the threatening messages to Kilonzo. But she later changed her plea the day she was supposed to be sentenced on her own plea of guilty.
She requested the charge to be read again after which she denied all allegations against her.
The message she was accused of sending read; "Minister Mutula be ready to die, we were sent by our boss to come to your place in Runda this weekend and rape your wife and your daughter and shoot you to death."
"He is our boss so we have to follow his instructions. He works as a caretaker in State House Road near Belle-Vue gardens."
Nduku's text message further claimed that her 'boss Boniface Nthiani was also behind an alleged abduction of Imenti Central MP Gitobu Imanyara along State House Road, the blast at Assanands building along Moi Avenue, the grenade attack in a church at Ngara, several explosions in Mombasa .
The case hearing was scheduled to begin in November. Mutula appeared in court to testify but the case was adjourned because the woman was not ready.