The New Times (Kigali)

Rwanda: Rayon Enters Into Partnership With COGEAR and MTN

Rayon Sport has entered into partnership with local Insurance Company COGEAR Ltd and telecommunications giants MTN-Rwanda for one year.

The club's Secretary General Olivier Gakwaya said COGEAR Ltd will pump Rwf5m into the team, while MTN will provide avenue for the club to raise its revenue through a special sms arrangement.

"We need more money in the team and it is good to have COGEAR and MTN on board, their contribution will help the development of the club," Gakwaya told Times Sport on Monday.

He added, "We have made a good deal with COGEAR and although it's only for one year, we can extend when in expires depending on how the first one works out for both parties. We hope it will be a successful partnership."

According to the terms of the deal, if a Rayon Sport supporter joined COGEAR Insurance Company, the club will be getting 12% of the total charge paid.

Meanwhile, the deal with MTN will involve fans sending sms to a specially designated number 4140.

This number will be used to get news about the team, and every sms sent at a cost of Rwf100, Rayon gets 70% and MTN the other 30%.

Rayon Sport is aiming to win back the league title which they last won in 2004. The 'Blues' lead the league with 35 points, one better than second-placed Police FC while reigning champions APR are in third position three points off the pace with eight matches remaining.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2013 The New Times. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.