RUSTEN Mogane's long-running dispute with the Namibia Sport Commission will be concluded by March 20, the commission's chairperson, Vivienne Katjiuongua, said yesterday.
According to Katjiuongua, the NSC is in the process of wrapping up the case against the chief administrator, who was suspended on July 1 2011 with full benefits following allegations of irregularities regarding his pension contributions.
Katjiuongua fell short of divulging the course of action that the NSC had decided to take, though.
"The case will be concluded by March 20. We will make an announcement thereafter on the way forward," Katjiuongua told The Namibian Sport.
Mogane's dispute is arguably the most protracted in Namibian sport history. A deadline of March 30 2012 set by then Sport Minister Kazenambo Kazenambo and subsequent calls by his former deputy, Pohamba Shifeta, for the unending saga to be settled last year were ignored.
Both submitted that the country's premier sport body could no longer do without a leader at its helm.
Mogane has maintained his innocence throughout and claimed that the alleged fraud was part of a scheme by envious fellow commissioners to oust him from the NSC, dating back to his appointment in 2010.
In November, Mogane said he would accepted a parting package from the NSC and that he was no longer interested in the chief administrator's post.
But it has been mooted that Mogane may well be reinstated as there was no incriminating evidence found against him.