The Herald (Harare)

Zimbabwe: Kadoma Boy (6) Electrocuted

Chinhoyi Bureau — A six year-old Kadoma boy died recently after being electrocuted after touching a low hanging Zesa live cable while walking with his mother.

Patrick Daniel of Plot 4 Massachusetts Farm in Kadoma died on admission at Harare Central Hospital after being transferred from Kadoma General hospital. The incident occurred on Sunday morning when Patrick, who was walking behind his mother Mrs Sibonisiwe Chuma, allegedly saw a fallen pole with three live cables about 10cm from the ground by the roadside. The boy touched the electricity cables and was electrocuted.

Mashonaland West police spokesperson Inspector Clemence Mabgweazara confirmed the incident.

He said teams from the police and Zesa have since attended the scene to investigate the matter.

"We have a tragic case in which a six-year-old boy Patrick Daniel was electrocuted after touching a live Zesa cable. We are still carrying out investigations," he said.

Ads by Google

Copyright © 2013 The Herald. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.