The South Sudanese army on Sunday confirmed the delayed and long-awaited joint security meeting with the neighbouring Sudan will take place on 29 Monday, 2013.
"Yes, it is true there will be a joint security meeting between the commands of the Sudan People's Liberation Army (SPLA) and representatives of Sudan Armed Forces (SAF)," said Phillip Aguer, the SPLA spokesperson.
"It will be co-chaired on our side by Major General Mac Paul and possibly director of intelligence and security service on the side of the government of Sudan", he added.
Aguer, however, said Juba had not yet received names of the Sudanese delegation earmarked for the security meeting.
Khartoum and Juba accuses each other of supporting rebels fighting in their territories, an allegation the latter denies.
"On our side, we have said time and again we do not provide any support to any armed groups, but Sudan continues to make unfounded claims", he added.
Last month, the issue took a rather worse turn as Sudan announced it would close the pipelines carrying crude oil from landlocked South Sudan by 7 August, 2013.
But at the request of the African Union and China, Sudan agreed to extend the deadline by two weeks.
Comments Post a comment