Lafia — Two Fulani witnesses to a memorandum of its people of Nasarawa State were attacked on Tuesday by gunmen in Kuduku area of Keana Local Government Area, compelling the judicial commission of inquiry investigating the murder of scores of security operatives in Alakyo to suspend sitting yesterday.
The sitting commenced at about 10:15am after Justice Joseph Fola Gbadeyan (rtd) called members of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders' Association to make their submission, but their counsels, Barristers Mohammed Danjuma and Abubakar Abubakar Dogara rose with an application seeking an adjournment.
Barrister Danjuma particularly informed the commission that two of the three witnesses to appear to support the memo, were victims of an invasion on Kuduku village, where the gunmen also killed several cows, and rustled others.
He said the witnesses; Ali Mohammed and Tanko Zubariru escaped the attack, but that they lost relatives in the bloody invasion.
Commission chairman, who sympathized with the counsels and their clients, granted their application and adjourned their submission to August 12.
Secretary of Miyetti Allahi in the state, Mohammed Hussain, who spoke to Daily Trust shortly after the sitting alleged that "Tiv militia attacked our people at Kuduku" and said five persons were killed alongside cows stressing that the people killed are relatives of witnesses.
State commissioner of police, Umar Shehu confirmed attack on Kuduku settlement, but said "only one person, a 10-year old boy was killed" adding that some cows are also missing."
He said investigation was still ongoing to unravel the identity of the gunmen but added that "the Fulani people alleged they were attacked by Tiv people."
Peter Igbache, state chairman of Tiv Youth Organization (TYO), told Daily Trust on phone that he did not have details because he had been attending the ongoing Tiv/Fulani peace meeting in Makurdi, in Benue State, but said he heard that Kukudu was troubled.

Comments Post a comment