Concord Times (Freetown)

Sierra Leone: 'My Eviction Is Not a Surprise' - Says Sierra Leonean Big Bother Rep

The second Sierra Leonean representative to be evicted from the ongoing Big Brother Africa 'Chase' game in South Africa last Friday stated that he was not surprised to be out of the house because, according to him, he dreamt about it before it happened.

Speaking at a press conference organized by DSTV in collaboration with Airtel, Michael Bassey expressed his profound gratitude for the overwhelming support he received while in the house, adding that he was proud of his performance.

"I was moved by the way people received the news about my eviction. Many were not happy about it. Let me thank my mum, family and all those who voted for me while I was in the house. It was really a worthwhile experience for me. I tried my luck last year but unfortunately I didn't make it," he stated. "Even though I now find myself out of the house, the Big Brother show has opened doors of opportunities for me as I received several requests to move to Zimbabwe and South Africa."

Regarding his immediate plans, Bassey revealed that he will soon travel to Nigeria to continue with his movie career, while expressing his profound gratitude to his mum, family and all those who voted for him across the world. On his part, Chief Executive Officer of Transnational, Adonis Abboud, noted his appreciation of Mr. Bassey, whom he said worked very hard to place Sierra Leone in an enviable position.

According to Mr. Abboud, people across the world kept asking what was the essence of the Big Brother show without Bassey, and that many never expected him to last long in the competition based on his first appearance.

Also making a statement, Airtel's Keith Turkei maintained that they are happy to be the proud sponsor of the event, and added, "The partnership with DSTV has provided opportunity for us to speak loud across the world."

While describing Bassey as a celebrity in Africa, Mr. Turkei cautioned him that being a celebrity always goes with responsibility and should not get carried away.

  • Comment

Copyright © 2013 Concord Times. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica aggregates and indexes content from over 130 African news organizations, plus more than 200 other sources, who are responsible for their own reporting and views. Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica.

Comments Post a comment