CEO of Marvin crew and prolific music producer, Don Jazzy has emerged the second most bankable African artistes and the Top most Nigerian in a just released survey.
The survey was released by Channel O and Forbes Africa on Monday, September 2 and it presented their list of the top 10 most bankable African artists with Senegalese and US- based music icon, Akon topping the list and P Square, D'Banj and Wizkid making the third, fourth and fifth most bankable African artistes respectively.
Seven Nigerian musicians are on the Top 10 lists and this obviously shows that Nigerian artistes are holding their own and are the about the most productive from the continent. The list is based on artist sales, endorsement value, popularity, show rates, awards, YouTube views, investment, influence, appearance in newspapers, social media presence.
The full list below:
1. Akon - CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste.
2. Don Jazzy - Producer. CEO Mavin Records, influential producer, MTN, Samsung and Loya Milk endorsement. D'Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Z on production credits.
3. P-Square - Music Duo. Featured on Forbes Africa twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries.
4. D'Banj - Music Artiste. International music brand, G.O.O. D Music deal, Sony Entertainment deal.
5. Wizkid - Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaboration, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN.
6. 2face Idibia - Music Artiste. 10 million discs and at least 7 million digital sale, multiple ambassador, one campaign associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philanthropist - 2face foundation.
7. Anselmo Ralph - Angolan music artiste. Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Perfume line, clothing label, multimillion dollar tour bus and Sony artiste.
8. Sarkodie - Rapper. Presidential youth ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana.
9. Ice Prince - Music Artiste. Six million downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation.
10. Banky W - Music Artiste. Co-owner of Empire Mates Entertainment EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, winner of multiple awards.