Property worth millions was lost at the Sikusi Secondary School in Bungoma county when fire gutted a dormitory at the institution. Education officials, who visited the school, said the property is close to Sh10 million. The fire that occurred on Tuesday evening is suspected to have been caused by electricity fault.
The school, principal Richard Sabwami, said no student was hurt during the incident as all the students were undertaking their evening classes. The dormitory was housing mostly form four students.