The Interior Ministry said in its 2nd official statement that the treacherous bombing that hit the Daqahliya Security Directorate on Tuesday 24/12/2013 killed 12 people including two officers, one sergeant, five constables and a citizen in addition to three unidentified bodies.
The name list included:
- Colonel Sameh Saudi
- Lieutenant Colonel Sayed Raafat
- Sergeant Saad Moustafa el-Morsi
- Rookie Mohamed Abdel Aziz Abdel Karim
- Rookie Mohamed Saber Metawa
- Rookie Younes Abouel Maati Mohamed
- Rookie Ahmed Sobhi Harhash
- Rookie Yousef Issa Maghawri
- Citizen Mohamed Lotfi Hassanein Zien el-Din
- Three unidentified bodies
The statement said that Mansoura hospitals received 134 patients some of them received first aid and left while the others are still receiving the treatment.
The statement added that the security bodies continue their efforts to determine the causes of the explosion.