But Colonel Hussein al-Fitouri, 56, said that security forces had been deployed to different areas of Benghazi. "We're now seeing security mobilisation in town, and the state of emergency will be declared as a precaution," al-Fitouri said.
"Takfirists are showing their teeth in Benghazi with the major mobilisation we're now seeing with the return of many Libyans from Syria and Mali," commented Walid Mohamed Wanis, a salesman at a food store.
He also claimed that there were "people from Tunisia and Algeria in Benghazi waiting for orders for what they say is hour zero to conquer Benghazi emirate."
"They are based at the February 17th battalion, but most of them are based at Si Faraj Farm and al-Quarsha, as per the statements of the intelligence agency in Benghazi on Sunday," he added.
Mostafa al-Sharkasi, spokesperson for the air force in the eastern region, said, "Exactly like we confronted Kadhafi's convoy from Benina and Tobruk airports, we are capable of confronting terrorism. We have pilots who are better than the Russians themselves, but we need support."
"I'm not talking about salaries or allowances, but about foreign support to be able to strike the strongholds of terrorism because it has become unbearable," the air force spokesman added.
Meanwhile, Mohamed Mahmoud said he expected the southern courthouse would be attacked after repeated bombings at the northern court.
"The scary thing is that the interior ministry didn't take any precautions to prevent that; it didn't even install surveillance cameras or tighten security measures around the court," Mahmoud said.