THE two Harare teenagers who allegedly ambushed and shot at six cars on separate occasions in one night while wearing camouflage have been removed from remand for the second time.
Taylor Cameron (19) and his 17-year-old friend, who are facing 10 counts of attempted murder, were initially removed from remand early last year after it emerged that investigations into the matter were not yet complete.
Mr Allan Goche who was prosecuting the matter then told the court that he had not received the docket from the police.
They were however summoned to appear in court today before magistrate Ms Tsatsawani Ndaba.
However, prosecutor Ms Francesca Mukumbiri told the court that the State was not ready to proceed to trial since its witnesses were in no show.
Ms Mukumbiri applied to have the witnesses issued with warrants of arrests which Ms Ndaba granted.
The magistrate then removed the pair from remand and ordered the State to proceed by way of summons when its house is in order.
Mr Chris Mhike of Atherstone and Cook is acting on their behalf.
Acting in connivance, on July 21 2012, it was alleged the teenagers hatched a plan to shoot at motorists passing through the intersection of Leopold Takawira Street and Cork Road.
It was alleged they hid in a ditch and shot at motorists passing through the robot controlled intersection.
The incidents occurred around 9:30pm and one of the victims Ridwaan Bhaijee was hit at the back of his neck as he stopped to give way to traffic.
Another victim, Thabalang Maroka, allegedly escaped death by a whisker when the fired bullets missed him, but shattered his passenger window and his left rear view mirror.
A taxi driver, Simba Katsande arrived at the same intersection and they shot at him. One of the bullets left a hole on his driver's seat before shattering the rear passenger window. Using the same method, the two teenagers shot at other several motorists, it was alleged.