Medenine — Libyan parties have released early Tuesday morning the seven Tunisians detained since last Sunday in the province of Dhahrat El Khass, on Tunisian-Libyan borders, security sources told TAP news agency local correspondent.
Negotiations will start in coming hours with the Libyan party to resume passenger and goods traffic at the border crossing post of Ras Jedir, the same sources added.
Human Rights activist Mustapha AbdelKébir who participated in negotiations with the Libyan party for the release of the Tunisian nationals , said, in a statement to TAP news agency correspondent , that he had been closely following up the arrest of the 7 Tunisians by the Libyan army.
He denied in this regard the news saying that the 7 Tunisians had been abducted by Libyan armed groups, reckoning that this kind of news can only create a climate of tension in Tunisian-Libyan relations.
Negotiations with the Libyan authorities (security, customs and military units) at the level of the western area and the border crossing of Ras Jedir have led to the release of the Tunisian nationals and their repatriation through the border post of Ras Jedir, the same source said, adding that talks are underway to secure the resumption of traffic in both ways .
The terminal of Ras Jedir has been re-opened on Monday in both directions to secure the return home of both Tunisian and Libyan passengers .
This disruption took place after the arrest of a group of Tunisians and the seizure of trucks carrying subsidised goods as well as the arrest by the Tunisian army of two Libyans in the buffer zone , freed on Monday.