An ICC witness against Deputy President William Ruto has sworn an affidavit pulling out of the case.
Witness 323 said he chose to pull out of the case against Ruto and journalist Joshua Sang as the information he put in his testimony was fictitious and based on detaila given to him by USAid officials.
In an affidavit drawn by lawyers Juma Kiplenge and Job Kurgat in Nakuru yesterday, the witness who is from Kericho county, says he is a victim of the 2007-08 post-election violence and was identified by USAid officials as a witness in August 2011.
He says on June 18, 2012, he was summoned by ICC investigators in Kampala where he was interviewed for five days.
The witness says the USAid officials promised to pay him Sh170,000 per month for 22 years since he first suffered violence in 1992.
This would have amounted to Sh44,880,000. Witness 323, who has been in witness protection in Cameroon, says he was further promised Sh120,000 for 20 years plus another Sh10 million totalling to Sh38.8 million.
He was later summoned by the Witness Protection Unit on October 29, 2012 in Nairobi before two other meetings held in Kampala last year.
The witness says in the Kampala meetings, he was coached by USAid officials to testify that Ruto used Charles Keter, Franklin Bett, Zakayo Cheruiyot, Fred Kapondi, Samuel Moroto and Lorna Laboso and to distribute money to the youth.