17 February 2014
Egypt: Tourist Bus Blast Caused By Suicide Bomber - Investigations
Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis has raised security concerns in Egypt since the fall of President Mohamed Morsi last year. VOA's Elizabeth Arrott reports.
( Resource: Egypt Militant Group Threatens Tourists
Cairo — Investigations have revealed that a suicide bomber is behind the Sinai explosion that killed four people on Sunday.
A blast on a tourist bus killed three Korean tourists and their Egyptian driver on Sunday in the tourist resort city of Taba in the Sinai Peninsula.
An official has said that security cameras captured footage of a man said to have got on the bus with the purpose of bombing it.
Attacks on police and army forces have increased since the ouster of Islamist President Mohamed Mursi in July.
Copyright © 2014 Aswat Masriya. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).
To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.
Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.