Cairo — Egypt's authorities have confirmed that all touristic areas have been secured, said the Minister of Tourism.
Minister Hisham Za'zou' expressed his hope that the German government will reconsider its warnings to German citizens to avoid the South Sinai region.
Tour operator TUI Deutschland has said it was halting trips to Egypt's Sharm el-Sheikh until March 14 after Germany's Foreign Office advised against travel to the entire Sinai Peninsula.
In a statement issued on Thursday, the operator said it has around 100 guests in the region at the moment, whom it will now bring back early from their holidays.
Egypt's tourism ministry has previously warned against travel to North Sinai and the Egyptian-Israeli border as well as Taba.
Germany's decision is based on threats it received of hostile acts against its citizens, Za'zou' told the state-owned Middle East News Agency.
A bus carrying Korean tourists in Sinai was recently bombed, renewing fears of tourism in Egypt.
Germans and Russians constitute the bigger part of tourists who visit Egypt annually.
Tourism is a source of income for millions of Egyptians and provides the government with the much-needed foreign currency.