Embu County is planning to sack more than 60 workers who were employed about 4 months ago. Administration chief officer Tim Guteta yesterday said the workers will be sacked owing to flaws during their employment.
Guteta said the public service board has cited anomalies in the workers' recruitment. Speaking in his office in Embu town on Friday, Guteta said the board was investigating the workers' recruitment. He said the board discovered the workers were not hired in the right process.
Guteta said the board delegated the recruitment of the staff to chief officers. He said the employees, who were in the cadres of drivers, office messengers and clerical officers amongst others will not be retained.
The staff members were employed in the month of November last year after interviews were conducted during which over 4000 people had applied for the vacancies.
"The 60 employees will be laid off soon after the service board finalizes its findings over their employment saga," said Guteta. The staff members were employed in November last year.