DYNAMOS and Aces Youth Soccer Academy (Aysa) are close to finding common ground in the George Chigova's Supersport transfer saga.
The Zimbabwean national secured a three-year contract with Absa Premiership side Supersport United and is due to leave for the 2014/2015 season. However Aysa, through their director Nigel Munyati, wrote to Dynamos asking them to recuse themselves after failing to honour agreements.
Munyati argued that Dynamos' failure to honour their obligation to pay a transfer fee of US$5 000 to Aysa in May 2012 rendered their contract with the player null and void and threatened to take up the matter with Zifa.
However, in a new twist of events, both Munyati and Dynamos chairman Keni Mubaiwa were last week waving flags of peace. Mubaiwa, who had earlier rubbished Aysa's ownership claims of the player, told Standardsport that they would soon meet with Munyati and chat the way forward.
"He is saying we owe Aysa US$5 000 and we are going to pay them. If you owe someone money, you ought to pay. Right now he is busy with the campaigns for Zifa elections so I am sure once he is free, we will work out something," he said.
Munyati, who had given Dynamos up to February 28 to respond on the status of the discussion with Supersport United, said they had given Dynamos more time to deal with the issue.
"We are still waiting to hear from Dynamos but I am hopeful that a solution will be reached soon. We have given them more time to deal with the issue. The idea is not to destroy the young boy's career," he said.
Two years ago Aysa nearly withdrew Chigova but later made a U-turn for the sake of the player's progress.