Mwingi north MP John Munuve has cautioned retailers on selling diesel from their shops. Munuve spoke this yesterday at Tii village in Kyuso district where he had gone to console the relatives of the three members of the same family who perished in an inferno on Sartuday night.
Musya Matei ,his wife Makasi and their four year old son perished in the fire. Munuve said the deceased are suspected to have had perished due to the diesel stored in their house where they were sleeping.
"Surely we are all looking for something to keep us going but I want the police to make sure that no sale of such flamable commodities is sold outside petrol stations. Diesel and petrol are sold illegally in retail shops which is very dangerous. May be the deceased didn't know but let nobody be ignorant about this we don't have to learn through deaths," said Munuve. Munuve appealed to investors to put petrol stations in interior areas since the demand is high with the increase of motorbikes and probox.