Nairobi — Thirty six victims of Friday's twin blasts at the Gikomba market are still undergoing treatment at the Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH).
The 36 are undergoing treatment either for multiple fractures, soft tissue or shrapnel injuries on the limbs and abdomens.
Forty seven others were treated and discharged by Saturday, according to the hospital.
One of the victims is admitted to the Burns Unit while another is in the Critical Care Unit.
Twelve other patients have been transferred to other hospitals to decongest KNH.
Three were transferred to the Nairobi Hospital, four at Aga khan Hospital, four at Mater Hospital and one at Avenue hospital.
KNH Chief Executive Officer Lily Koros has urged all those with blood group O+ to donate in any of the donation tents at the hospital.
"I continue to appeal to Kenyans to come and donate blood especially blood group O+ in order for the hospital to effectively manage the casualties. A tent has been set up outside the Accident and Emergency Centre for this exercise," she said.
The Kenya Red Cross External and Resource Mobilization Director Wario Waita told Capital FM News that they have so far received 30 units of blood with about 250 units of blood needed.
"We are also providing psycho social support and tracing services for those who are still finding that their family members are missing," she said.
Waita said since Friday they have received 30 cases and so far they have closed about half of the cases.
"We hope to close as many of them by the end of Saturday," she said.