His Excellency, President John Mahama has announced further changes in his administration with the nomination of Mr Acquinas Quansah, Deputy Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture as Minister for the Central Region.
The President has also, in accordance with Article 79(1) of the 1992 Constitution of Ghana, nominated the following as Deputy Ministers of State.
1. Mrs Mona Quartey- Ministry of Finance
2. Mrs Dela Sowah- Ministry of Gender, Children & Social Protection
3. Dr Victor Asare Bampoe- Ministry of Health
The following Deputy Ministers of State have also been re-assigned as part of the ongoing changes in government.
1. Deputy Minister for Finance, Kweku Ricketts Hagan, is now the Deputy Minister for Trade and Industry
2. John Alexander Ackon, Deputy Minister for Chieftaincy and Traditional Affairs is now Deputy Minister for the Ashanti Region
3. Dr. Alfred Tia Sugri has been moved from the Health Ministry to the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology & Innovation as a Deputy Minister
4. Ebenezer Okletey Tei Larbi has been moved from the Ministry of Defence to the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources as a Deputy Minister
5. Benita Sena Okity -Duah is now Deputy Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture
6. Dr Musheibu Mohammed-Alfa of the Ministry of Environment, Science, Technology & Innovation is now Deputy Minister for the Upper West Region.
Source: Media Office
Flagstaff House Communications Bureau
Office of the President