At least 700 Mau Forest evictees want the national government to resettle them. The evictees are at Kusumek and Chebugen camps in Konoin constituency, Bomet county.
They said the government should cater for their resettlement in this year's budget. They said they should have been resettled two years ago along with other groups.
They spoke to the press in Kericho town on Tuesday. Bishop Paul Leleito, a former Mau Forest taskforce member, said the case needs government's attention.
Leleito played a role in the resettling programme of other 4,000 evictees from the forest.
Through their chairman William Cheruiyot, the evictees accused the government over failure to profile them in 2009 when other IDPs were being settled elsewhere.
Mr Cheruiyot said they were still living a miserable life at the foot of forest where several people had died due unfavorable weather condition they are exposed to.
He said they were experiencing acute hunger after the government stopped relief food supply last year .Cheruiyot expressed fear of more people dying if the food is not resumed soon.
Hard hit, Cheruyot said are children who are suffering from malnutrition and severe fever in the camps leaking and torn tents.
"Am appealing to the government to come to our rescue and give us an alternative settlement from this year's budget" Mr Cheruiyot said.
Mutai was accompanied by secretary, Peter Mutai, Chebugen camp secretary Simon Ngeno, committee members Philip Ngeno,Susana Kirui,Nancy Tonui and Selina Langat.