Tunis — Tunisia is ready to provide five charter flights daily for transporting Egyptians blocked in Ras Jedir border post, Minister of Transport Chiheb Ben Ahmed said, Monday, when visiting Ras Jedir accompanied by Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Chokri.
So far, Tunisia mobilised 50 buses for the transport, towards the airports of Djerba-Zarzis and Gabes, of Egyptians arriving from the Ras Jedir border post, Transport Minister further said, i.e. a transport capacity of 4,500 persons daily.
The Gabes Airport opens Monday evening for the transport of Egyptian towards their country.
The Egyptian official, who evoked the difficulty to specify the exact number of Egyptian fleeing violence in Libya, underlined that his country strives to speed up the evacuation of its nationals. Sea route is possible for the transport of Egyptians coming from Libya to avoid them long waiting in the border zone.
The number of Egyptian arrived in Tunisia by the Ras Jedir border post increased on Monday, TAP news agency corresponded in the region noted.
Three airplanes left, Monday, Djerba-Zarzis Airport towards Cairo.
The number of Egyptians evacuated reached 2,800. The situation in the Ras Jedir border post is calm. Trade activities resumed in both directions. Security controls of persons coming from Libya were intensified.