OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
Full List of Donations Made on Tuesday 2nd September at State House toward the Fight Against Ebola
Compiled by State House Communications Unit
1. Fishing companies led by the Minister of Fisheries and Marine Resources donated Le.221,500,000 (Two Hundred and Twenty-One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Leones).
2. National Social Security and Insurance Trust (NASSIT) led by the supervising Ministry of Labour and Social Security made a cheque donation of Le.100,000,000 (One Hundred Million Leones).
3. Sierra Leone Prisons led by its supervising Ministry of Internal Affairs made a cash donation of Le.10,000,000 (Ten Million Leones), but were advised by the President to deposit the money into the Ebola Emergency Fund and submit pay-in slip to the Ministry of Health and Sanitation.
4. Limkokwing University accompanied by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST) donated sensitization materials comprising 20,000 flyers, 10,000 car stickers, 2,000 T-shirts, 5 billboards, and jingles for radio and TV to help halt the Ebola spread.
5. Bintumani Hotel led by the Ministries of Water Resources and Tourism and Culture donated two cheques totalling Le.100,000,000 (One Hundred Million Leones) to help in the Ebola fight.
6. Destiny Shipping Company led by Bishop Abu Koroma of Flaming Evangelical Ministries contributed Le.100, 000,000 (One Hundred Million Leones).
Total for today's donations = 531,500,000 (Five Hundred and Thirty One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Leones) only.
Please note that all donations made to the President are immediately handed over to a representative of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) which is the central command and control facility responsible for implementation of the national response plan to the outbreak.