The father of murdered teenager Franziska Blöchliger has announced on Facebook that the family would be leaving the country to find inner peace.
In his Facebook page Franziska's father Florian said: "We are leaving SA for a while and hope to find some inner peace. Love u all... Florian, Shireen and Sophia." Florian said the family wanted to thank all those who had supported them during the past weeks.
Speaking to News24, he said the family needed time to gather themselves.
"We just need some time for ourselves. We need time to find peace and gather ourselves. We are going [to] the middle of nowhere," he said.
Constantia Waldorf School board of trustees director and family spokesperson Thomas Knemeyer told News24 the family had planned the trip before Franziska was killed.
He said the family was happy with how the police had conducted the investigation, and the court proceedings so far.
"We are happy with how everything is proceeding so far," he said.
The four men who were arrested for the crime are facing charges of murder, as well rape and robbery with aggravating circumstances.
The men made their first appearance on March 11.
Yje sixteen-year-old Blöchliger was found dead in Tokai Forest on March 7.
The teen was robbed of her iPhone, watch, headset and diamond ring.
Prosecutor Kepler Uys said the accused were linked to the crime via witnesses and were found in possession of her belongings.