Chipolopolo skipper Rainford Kalaba has made the top five of the nominees for the African Player of the Year based in Africa.
Kalaba had an outstanding season with TP Mazembe winning the CAF Confederation Cup along the way.
The Chipolopolo captain was also a finalist for the same award in the 2012/13 season riding on the back on winning the Africa Cup.
CAF has also unveiled the finalists for the African Footballer of the Year comprising an all-European based professionals ensemble with incumbent Pierre Emerick Aubameyang making the list.
The 2016 Glo-CAF Awards Gala sponsored by telecommunication giants, Globacom, will be held on Thursday, 5 January 2017 in Abuja, Nigeria.
Top five finalists in each category were decided by votes from the members of the CAF Media Committee, CAF Technical & Development Committee and half of the 20-member Panel of Experts (10 persons).
For the African Player of the Year, they are;
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Borrusia Dortmund)
2. Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Leicester City)
3. Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
4. Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Roma)
5. Islam Slimani (Algeria & Leicester City)
For the African Player of the Year (Based in Africa), the top five are;
1. Khama Billiat (Mamelodi Sundowns & Zimbabwe)
2. Keegan Dolly (Mamelodi Sundowns & South Africa)
3. Rainford Kalaba (TP Mazembe & Zambia)
4. Hlompho Kekana (Mamelodi Sundowns & South Africa)
5. Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns & Uganda)
For the final phase, votes from the Head Coaches/Technical Directors of the 54 National Associations affiliated to CAF plus Associate Members, Reunion Island and Zanzibar, together with the other half of the 20-member Panel of Experts (10 persons) will be counted towards the determination of the eventual winners.