Monrovia — It started as a normal quiet night but ended as a night that they will never forget.
Occupants of four apartments in the New Georgia Area D community were left homeless on Friday morning as a result of a fire incident which is believed to have started from a candle.
The fire is believed to have started between 11am and 12:pm, Thursday night, while most of the occupants of the apartments were asleep.
Eyewitnesses speaking to FrontPage Africa Friday morning said the fire started as a result of a candle which was lit in one of the rooms of the second apartment.
The fire outbreak in the four apartments left about twenty four inhabitants homeless with most of them going to stay with relatives or friends until they can find a place.
Speaking to FrontPage Africa madam Idima Johnson Cooper, a victim of the fire incident said she lost everything in her apartment as a result of the fire.
Mrs. Cooper speaking in an angered tone called on adults to buy the Chinese made light which is safer to use than candles.
"I lost everything from this fire, the only thing I was able to take was my family, so I want to tell the people who still using candle to please try to buy these Chinese lights which are safer to use in the home than the candle," she said.
Mrs. Cooper said she and her entire family are presently staying with an extended family member in the Barnesville Estate; she is therefore call on the government of Liberia, non-governmental organization and civil society's organization to come to their aid.
"Me and my children's are staying at my sister house in Barnesville Estate, so I am calling on the government, NGO and civil societies to please come to our aid," she noted.
Another victim of the fire D. Nehemiah Kromah said he and his family are staying with a friend because their home was entirely destroyed by the fire.
He is also calling on the general public and the government of Liberia to come to their aid very fast.
"This fire incident is a coincidence it happened very fast so I am calling on the government and philanthropists' organization to help us and they should do it very fast, he noted.
The New Georgia Estate is one of many estates in and around Monrovia build by the late Liberia president William R. Tolbert in the seventies.
The estate which at the time was intended for low income households and non-boarding students has apartments built close to one another which makes them vulnerable in case of a fire outbreak.