9 January 2018

South Africa: KZN Farmer Who Allegedly Killed Mourner At Funeral to Remain in Custody

A farmer accused of shooting and killing a mourner at a funeral on his Cramond farm in Pietermaritzburg is to remain in custody until Tuesday.

National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Natasha Kara said the matter had been rolled over.

The 66-year-old farmer had apparently asked people who were attending the funeral to leave around 13:00 on Saturday in the Otto's Bluff area.

Police said that when one of the family members tried to intervene, the farmer drew his gun and allegedly shot the man.

The victim, aged 42, sustained gunshot wounds to the upper body. He died at the scene.

After the shooting, the farmer fled the scene in his vehicle. However, police were able to apprehend and arrest him. He was found in possession of two rifles, one 9mm pistol and a toy gun.

Source: News24

South Africa

#Listeriosis - Another Life Esidimeni?

Both tragedies could have been avoided had provincial health departments listened to the people who rely on them. Read more »

Copyright © 2018 News24Wire. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 800 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.