No fewer than ninety-four students have been reportedly missing after suspected Boko Haram terrorists attacked Government Girls Secondary School, Dapchi, Yobe, on Monday night.
This was made known to newsmen by a teacher in the school who pleaded anonymity. According to him, 94 students could not be accounted for following a roll call, but the school cannot establish if the missing girls were abducted or not.
In his words, "After the roll call, 610 out the total number of 704 students have returned. We are still searching for the remaining 94 students.
"We cannot say [if they have been abducted], because the insurgents went into the students hostel, and many of these students scaled the fence and escaped into the bushes.
"No one can tell if they were abducted or not. We are calling on parents to help the school update its list by reporting immediately their children arrived home safely", he said.
No school girl abducted in Dapchi by Boko Haram - Police
Mr Abdulmaliki Sumonu, the Yobe Commissioner of Police, said on Tuesday that no one was killed and no schoolgirl abducted in the suspected Boko Haram insurgents attack on Government Girls College in Dapchi town.
Terrorists attacked the town on Monday and carted away foodstuffs at the Government Girls College, while firing sporadically forcing staff and students to flee into surrounding for safety.
Sumonu told newsmen in Yobe that three males were later abducted by the insurgents in a remote community in Geidam Local Government Area after the attack on Dapchi.
He said so far, there was no report of abduction of any of the girls in the school.
"We are still collecting the details on the attack, census of the girls and the general public," he said.
Which one should we take?