Nineteen Dead in DR Congo Ebola Outbreak
The World Health Organization has said that nineteen people have died so far in the latest Ebola outbeak with a total of 39 cases reported in the northwestern Equateur province, including three health care workers.
Congo-Kinshasa: Ebola Outbreak - What Is Being Done?
Deutsche Welle, 14 May 2018
At least 18 people have died in connection to the Ebola virus in the western Democratic Republic of Congo. Here is a look at what authorities in the region are doing to address the… Read more »
Congo-Kinshasa: Nineteen Dead in Latest Congo Ebola Outbreak
VOA, 14 May 2018
An outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo has killed 19 people, according to the World Health Organization. Read more »
A UN representative and DR Congo officials examine the impact of the virus in 2014.
Congo-Kinshasa: WHO Prepares for 'Worst Case Scenario' for DRC Ebola Outbreak
VOA, 14 May 2018
The World Health Organization said Friday it is preparing for "the worst case scenario" for an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Read more »
Monitor, 11 May 2018
Uganda has started screening of all travellers from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) of signs and symptoms of Ebola, following the outbreak of the viral haemorrhagic fever in… Read more »
Congo-Kinshasa: WHO Director General Visits Ebola-Affected Areas in DR Congo
WHO, 13 May 2018
World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus today visited the town of Bikoro in the north-west of the Democratic Republic of the Congo to assess… Read more »
Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus's rapidly-organised visit to the Democratic Republic of Congo comes against the backdrop of strong criticism of the World Health Organization for its ... Read more »
"We are very concerned, and we are planning for all scenarios, including the worst-case scenario," said WHO emergency response chief Peter Salama in Geneva. Up to 18 people are ... Read more »