"Providing electricity to a country like Sudan required investment on a massive scale. In 2002, the Kuwait Fund initially committed $100 million to a government plan to build the Merowe hydroelectric dam. In 2008, the Fund committed a further $100 million for the completion of the $2 billion project."
"With an increasingly erratic climate, subsistence farmers in Gambia face the constant risk of drought or floods. The Kuwait Fund is supporting projects to regulate water supply through a system of canals. Now farmers in Gambia no longer have to fear the unpredictable climate."
"Throughout the developing world, the Kuwait Fund responds to the need for relief operations, finding long term solutions in the wake of disasters. The Kuwait Fund - helping people help themselves."
"Over the last 20 years, the Kuwait Fund has loaned over $173 million to the Egypt Social Fund for Development. More than a million people have benefited from these loans. The scheme has been very successful. Over 90% of the loans have been repaid."
Notices and Announcements
- Signature of a Loan and Project Agreements for financing Rehabilitation and Development of Potable Water Systems Project
- Signature of a Loan Agreement for Financing of the Hillside Road Project "Phase II"
- Signature of a Loan Agreement for Financing the Construction of Five Desalination Plants Project
- Signing of a Loan Agreement for the financing of the Ouahigouya - Djibo Road Project
- Signing of a Loan Agreement for Financing of the Gambia Segment of OMVG Interconnection Project
- Signature of a Loan Agreement financing the Gbarnga – Salayea Road in the Republic of Liberia
- Grant Agreement for the Contribution in the Response Plan for the Syrian Refugees Crisis in Egypt in the Education Sector