- Africa: Over 3,4 Million Confirmed Covid-19 Cases on Continent(allAfrica)
- Kenya: More Mothers Giving Birth At Home(Nation)
- Burkina Faso: Theater Squeezed By Terrorism and Coronavirus(DW)
- South Africa: Why New Covid-19 Variants Are On the Rise and Spreading Around the World(The Conversation Africa)
- Kenya: Slum Dwellers Battle Covid-19 Downturn With Virtual Currency(Thomson Reuters Foundation)
- Nigeria: Covid-19 Vaccination and Vaccines(This Day)
- South Africa: Minister's Covid-19 Death Unites Friends and Rivals in Tribute(The Conversation Africa)
- Africa: Governments Exploited Covid-19 to Crack Down on Human Rights - Report(allAfrica)
- Africa: Over 2,8 Million Covid-19 Recoveries Across Continent(allAfrica)
- South Africa: South African Scientists Who Discovered New Covid-19 Variant Share What They Know(The Conversation Africa)
June 28, 2020
Ghana: COVID-19 School Closures Are Putting Girls Risk Of Abuse
“I do not want to be counted as a survivor of sexual violence so I will keep fighting,” says Angela*, 14, from Ghana’s Eastern Region.
June 24, 2020
Mali: Ensuring PASS+ pupils continue their studies at home
"I didn't have the chance to go to school when I was younger because I was sick all the time and the school is about 6km from our village,” explains 12-year-old Alama who… Read more »
Burkina Faso: Student becomes the teacher to train classmates in hygiene skills
With schools now starting to re-open in Burkina Faso after a long closure to reduce the spread of COVID-19, the first thing 14-year-old Roufaïata wanted to do was teach her… Read more »
April 23, 2020
West Africa: Liberia in lockdown: The impact on girls' education
Following a spike in cases of COVID-19 in Liberia, the government has recently announced a 60-day state of emergency, effectively locking down the country with the aim of helping… Read more »
April 06, 2020
Sierra Leone: "I did not imagine that my parents would want me to go through FGM to get around their economic struggles."
Sierra Leonians are well known for their exuberant celebrations to mark the big occasions in their lives. People love to come together to celebrate momentous events such as… Read more »
Liberia: "My advocacy is about giving girls the opportunity to make good decisions"
Raised in poverty by her farming parents, Blessing was determined to get a good education and make a better life for herself. Even when her parents were unable to pay her school… Read more »
April 03, 2020
Guinea: The soap making mothers of Guéckedou
"Since Ebola passed through our communities, we have been aware of the importance of handwashing with soap, especially after using the toilet. We have also discovered that most of… Read more »
Guinea: "My disability does not prevent my happiness"
People with disabilities face many obstacles in their daily personal and professional life. These obstacles and constraints are largely fuelled by a general lack of knowledge about… Read more »
Guinea: "Boys have a role to play in ending violence against women"
Ibrahima, 24, first started to question the traditional gender norms after seeing that his cousin, who was a girl, was not allowed to go to school because she had to stay home and… Read more »
March 27, 2020
Burkina Faso: "Now I am at school, I'm not afraid of being forced into marriage anymore"
Violence and inter-communal conflict which has increasingly plagued Burkina Faso, reached an unprecedented level during 2019. This has led to a sharp deterioration in the… Read more »