Join us as we Innovate and Invent…In Africa… For Africa
From Thomas Edison’s revolutionary invention of the Filament Incandescent Light in 1879, through a century of invention, to today, as GE consolidates into the world’s leading Digital Industrial Organisation, GE has been at the cutting edge of Global Innovation over Centuries. And now GE has brought the opportunity to innovate, and invent to Sub-Saharan Africa,with the establishment of the GE Africa Innovation Centre (GE AIC) in Johannesburg. And the women of Africa feature high on the list!
As part of GE SSA’s commitment to developing Women Entrepreneurs, the GE AIC is partnering with the Lionesses of Africa on an Open Innovation Challenge, Closing on 15 November 2016.
Entrants are required to provide a sustainable digital solution to a pressing challenge – or opportunity. The solution should ideally focus on the sectors, and businesses, that GE SSA serves.
CRITERIA & FORMAT:
- Submit a proposal in a digital format of your choice.
Include the following elements in your proposal
- Description of your proposed Digital Solution
- Describe the opportunity/challenge/context that the Solution focuses on
- Describe why this is a sustainable opportunity or solution
- Provide a proposed project plan for development, or, if an existing product, proposed next phase in development
- Describe the value of your project to GE, or the value to you of GE’s involvement in your project.
- Kindly submit at least one entry by 23h00 November 15, 2016 via the Women’s Challenge link on www.geafricainnovationcentre.com
- The Challenge is open to all women entrepreneurs in SSA.
- The Challenge closes on 15 November 2016at 23h00
- The winning entry will receive USD 1 500.00, and the opportunity to work with the GE AIC team on developing their proposed project.
- Short-listed candidates will be included as preferential suppliers to GE SSA
- Creativity and originality of entry
- Technical feasibility
- Ability to commercialize
- Nature of the technology
- Prospective market impact of solution
Detailed Rules of Engagement available separately: www.geafricainnovationcentre.com.
60 Glenhove Road
Tel.: +27 11 072 5000