17 September 2017

Tanzania: Overheating Solar Batteries Caused Fire to Zitto's House, Says Rpc

Kigoma — Overheating of a solar batteries has been cited as a source of fire that gutted down Kigoma Urban Member of Parliament house Mr Zitto Kabwe on Saturday.

This was revealed RPC, Ferdinand Mtui revealed this, when he spoke to reporters on Sunday afternoon.

On Saturday evening fire destroyed a house belonging to outspoken ACT Wazalendo party leader Zitto Kabwe.

The property in Kibingo, Mwandiga Ward, Kigoma Region, was Mr Zitto's first house, built in 2005 when he vied for the Kigoma North Constituency legislative post, the first time on a Chadema ticket.

His assistant, Mr Mustapha Nyembo, confirmed the incident, adding that the property was located on the same compound as the house that the lawmaker lives in at the moment.


Airlines That'll Succeed Are Those That Aren't Too Posh

Recent years have been brutal for African airlines but, in spite of that, there is a new rush to resurrect dead national… Read more »

See What Everyone is Watching

Copyright © 2017 The Citizen. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.

AllAfrica publishes around 800 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.