British Prime Minister Theresa May is in the country for bilateral discussions with President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Here are some interesting facts about the UK leader that you may not know.
1. Theresa Mary May joined active politics in 1997 when she ran and was elected as the MP for Maidenhead.
2. She was a student at the Oxford University where she graduated in 1977 with a degree in geography at St. Hugh's College.
3. Apart from politics, Ms May enjoys cooking. She owns 100 cook books.
4. Theresa May was responsible for the ban of the exportation of khat (miraa) from Kenya and its use in the UK, against the advice of experts on drug use.
5. The UK Prime minister is diabetic. She was diagnosed with diabetes mellitus, also known as Type 1 diabetes, in 2012 and injects insulin daily.
6. She co-founded Women2Win, an organization dedicated to increasing the amount of women in the Conservative Party in Parliament.
7. She was introduced to her husband, also a student at Oxford, in 1976 by Benazir Bhutto, who later became the prime minister of Pakistan.
8. She is a practicing Anglican.