Kenya: Fire Razes Down Popular Entertainment Spot in Pipeline

13 December 2018

Property of unknown value went up in smoke after an early Thursday morning fire razed down at Astonvilla Club in Pipeline.

Area residents said that they suspect the fire was caused by a faulty power line.

Evans Obiri, an eye witness, told Nairobi News, that he was heading to work when he saw a huge smoke bellowing from the club.

FIRE FIGHTERS

"I rushed there only to find it on fire, the drizzles have also made it hard for the rescuers to fight the fire and rescue property," he said.

Jane Kihara, another witness, lamented the delayed arrival at the scene by Nairobi county fire fighters.

By mid-morning rescuers were still battling to contain the raging inferno.

See What Everyone is Watching

More From: Nairobi News

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 600 reports a day from more than 150 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.