Kenya: President Kenyatta to Address the Nation Following Terror Attack

Police rescue people from the Dusit hotel complex on January 15, 2019 following an attack by suspected terrorists.
16 January 2019

Nairobi — President Uhuru Kenyatta is expected to address the nation over the terror attack that took place at the dusitD2 Complex along 14 Riverside Drive in Nairobi.

This is the first time the Head of State will be talking over the matter even as rescue operation continues at the complex.

On Tuesday, Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiangi stated that the President was fully aware of the operations currently underway.

He stated that all the buildings have been secured and that the situation is fully under control.

He did not however give details of casualties, only confirming that several people had been injured.

He said security forces on the ground were documenting evidence after securing all the buildings.

He told reporters that President Uhuru Kenyatta was fully briefed of the situation and that the National Security Advisory Committee was in charge of coordinating the crisis.

See What Everyone is Watching

More From: Capital FM

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 700 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.