Kenya: Dusit Hotel Now Says They Lost Six Employees and Not Four in Terrorist Attack

On January 22, Cellulant, a digial payments company, held a memorial service for six of its employees who were victims of the Riverside Complex terror attack that claimed the lives of 21 people.

20 January 2019

Dusit D2 Hotel on Saturday released a statement revealing that they lost six employees during Tuesday's terror attack and not four as they had earlier announced.

The hotel, which has been temporarily closed following the attack, named those killed as Beatrice Mutua, Bernadette Konjaio, Erickson Mogaka, Trufosa Nyaboke, Dedricks Lemisi, and Zachary Nyabwaga.

On Thursday, when he announced that for employees had been killed, the hotel's General Manager Michael Metaxas, had said that three more staff members were recovering in hospital.

The hotel management also added that they will hold a memorial service for six of its employees on Wednesday at Consolata Shrine.

A similar service for IT firm Cellulant staff will be held next Tuesday at Citam Valley Road from 10.30 am. The firm also lost six employees in the attack.

See What Everyone is Watching

More From: Nairobi News

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 700 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.