Security forces have allowed motorists who had parked their vehicles at the dusitD2 office complex before last Tuesday's terror attack to collect them.
Tenants were also permitted on Tuesday to get into their offices and collect belongings including documents and electronics.
Security was however heightened around the location, with only those who proved to have been working there allowed to get in.
Officers checked car owners' log books and driving licenses and asked those who had not been registered at the entrance to wait for further checks.
"I left my motorcycle at the gate when I heard a loud bang. I left it and ran away and since the attack happened, security personnel at the gate did not let anyone in," boda boda operator Francis Musyoka said.
Most of the vehicles were in good condition since the whole complex remained under the guard of police officers.
Some, however, had broken windows and flat tyres.
"I am relieved to have my car back. I have been worried about it the whole week. I found the rear window broken but I am glad I have it back," said Cynthia Oketch.
"People lost their lives and more valuable things so I thank God."
During the attack on January 15, Al-Shabaab terrorists hurled grenades into cars , causing three of them to go up in flames.
One of them blew himself up outside Secret Garden Restaurant and the others damaged property inside buildings as they walked through the Grosvenor building at 14 Riverside Drive while shooting indiscriminately.
So far, four more people, including the mother of one of the terrorists killed in the gunfight during the attack, have been arraigned.
Ali Salim Gichunge's mother Sakina Mariam Abdalla, George Ndung'u, Mukhtar Ibrahim and Isaak Hussein appeared at the Milimani Law Courts, Nairobi, but police obtaiend orders to detain them longer as they investigate.
Apart from Ms Abdalla, who was detained for 10 more days, the other suspects will all be held for 30 days.
Meanwhile, three people on a terror watch list surrendered to police in Isolo County on Monday but their parents said they were innocent and in danger.
They are Abdi Ali Kanchora, Boru Abdi Bidu and Ramadhan Wario Bonaya (alias Rasho).
There had been reports of a fourth suspect's surrender or arrest by police but Isiolo County Commissioner John Ondego said they were not aware.
Read the original article on Nation.
AllAfrica publishes around 600 reports a day from more than 150 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.
Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.
AllAfrica is a voice of, by and about Africa - aggregating, producing and distributing 600 news and information items daily from over 150 African news organizations and our own reporters to an African and global public. We operate from Cape Town, Dakar, Abuja, Monrovia, Nairobi and Washington DC.