Kwale — A section of Leopard Beach Hotel, a five-star facility at the South Coast, has been razed by fire.
According to witnesses on the ground, the fire is said to have started after fireworks landed on the thatched (makuti) roof.
"There was a wedding ongoing at the facility. Then there were fireworks, before the inferno broke out. It is believed that a spark might have landed on the makuti roof, igniting a fire," said an officer on the ground.
Msambweni OCPD Joseph Chebusit confirmed the incident, but said he is still compiling more details.
"I have just received some reports on the same (fire outbreak), but I'm still gathering more details before we give out information to the public," said Chebusit.