UPDF generals and senior officers who were recently promoted, will Tuesday be decorated.
According to the Army Spokesman, Brig Richard Karemire, the officers will be decorated at the UPDF Headquarters in Mbuya, Kampala.
More than 2,000 officers and men of UPDF personnel promoted to various ranks,
The officers were recently promoted by President Yoweri Museveni, the commander-in-chief of the armed forces. Gen Museveni also promoted his son, Lt. Gen. Muhoozi Kainerugaba to the rank of Lieutenant General.
Lt. Gen Kainerugaba has been a major general since May 16, 2016 when he was promoted from the rank of Brigadier shortly after Mr Museveni was sworn in as president following the highly contested February 2016 general elections.
About 100 of the officers were promoted to align with establishment appointments, 97 were promoted due to retirement, 130 were promoted for long reckonable record of service and 49 after successfully completing Grade II staff course.
More than 100 of the officers were promoted on recommendation by formations/units, 372 were promoted after passing promotional examinations, 27 promoted after completion of probation and 171 promoted from other ranks to officer level.
Those who were promoted to the rank of general include Lt Gen Ivan Koreta, and Lt Gen Joram Mugume. The others are Pecos Kutesa, John Mugume, Proscovioa Nalweyiso, Charles Awany Otema and James Nakibus Lakara.
The Deputy Inspector General of Police, Brig. Sabiti Muzeyi was been promoted to the to the rank Major General while the commander of Land Forces, Maj. Gen. Peter Elwelu was elevated to the rank of Lieutenant General.
Army Chief of Staff, Brig. Leopold Kyanda was promoted to the rank of Major General.
Some of the promoted general and senior officers :
1. LT Gen Ivan Koreta - Gen
2. Lt Gen Joram Mugume - Gen
3. Maj Gen Pecos Kuteesa - Lt Gen
4. Maj Gen John Mugume - Lt Gen
5. Maj Gen Prossy Nalweyiso - Lt Gen
6. Maj Gen Charles Awany Otema - Lt Gen
7. Maj Gen James Nakibus Lakara - Lt Gen
8. Maj Gen Peter Elwelu - Lt Gen
9. Maj Gen James Mugira - Lt Gen
10. Maj Gen Joseph B Musanyufu - Lt Gen
11. Maj Gen Charles Lutaaya - Lt Gen
12. Maj Gen Muhoozi Kainerugaba - Lt Gen
13. Brig Joram Kakari Tumwine - Maj Gen
14. Brig Elly Kayanja - Maj Gen
15. Brig Eric Mukasa - Maj Gen
16. Brig Burun di K Nyamun ywanisa - Maj Gen
17. Brig Sam Kiwanuka - Maj Ge n
18. Brig Dr Ambrose K Musinguzi - Maj Gen
19. Brig Samuel Kawagga - Maj Gen
20. Brig Joseph Arocha - Maj Gen
21. Brig John Lorot - Maj Gen
22. Brig Apollo Kasiita Gowa - Maj Gen
23. Brig Leopold Eric Kyanda - Maj Gen
24. Brig Birungi James Mugabe - Maj Gen
25. Brig Don William Nabasa - Maj Gen
26. Brig Ste phen Muzeyi Sabiiti - Maj Gen
27. Brig Samuel W asswa - Maj Gen
28. Brig Jim Willis Byarugaba - Maj Gen
29. Brig Timothy Sabiiti - Maj Gen
30. Col Moses S Lukyamuzi - Brig Gen
31. Col John M Kaganda - Brig Gen
32. Col Charles R Tusiime - Brig Gen
33. Col Fenekansi Mugyenyi - Brig Gen
34. Col Adolf Serwada - Brig Gen
35. Col John C Anywar - Brig Gen
36. Col Jackson Bell - Brig Gen
37. Col Dr Kenneth Ocen Obwo t - Brig Gen
38. Col Sam Omara - Brig Gen
39. Col Emmy Mulindwa - Brig Gen
40. Col Ste phen Mugerwa - Brig Gen
41. Col Johnson Muma - Brig Gen
42. Col Frank Kyambadde - Brig Gen
43. Col Moses Kwikiriza - Brig Gen
44. Col Ceaser Innocent Bahwezi - Brig Gen
45. Col William Beinomugisha - Brig Gen
46. Col James Kaija - Brig Gen
47. Col Godwin Karugaba - Brig Gen
48. Col Fred M Karara - Brig Gen
49. Col Fred Rugadya Akiiki - Brig Gen
50. Col Bonny Bamwiseki - Brig Gen
51. Col Ronald S Bigirwa - Brig Gen
52. Col Joseph Balikudembe - Brig Gen
53. Col Felix Kulaigye - Brig Gen
54. Col Wilson Muhabuzi - Brig Gen
55. Col D r James Kiyengo - Brig Gen
56. Col Dr Stephen Kusasira - Brig Gen
57. Col Bob Paciesky Ogiki - Brig Gen
58. Col Peter Gaitan Omola - Brig Gen
59. Col Julius Biryab arema - Brig Gen
60. Col Flavia Byekwaso - Brig Gen
61. Col Dr Shilling E Tibayungwa - Brig Gen
62. Col Johnson Namanya - Brig Gen
63. Col Dr Patrick Ogwok Ogen - Brig Gen
64. Col Daniel Mugumya Kakono - Brig Gen
65. Col Godfrey Mujuni - Brig Gen
Read the original article on Monitor.
AllAfrica publishes around 600 reports a day from more than 150 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.
Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.
AllAfrica is a voice of, by and about Africa - aggregating, producing and distributing 600 news and information items daily from over 150 African news organizations and our own reporters to an African and global public. We operate from Cape Town, Dakar, Abuja, Monrovia, Nairobi and Washington DC.