The six school children accused of the brutal murder of Thoriso Themane appeared again in the Polokwane Children's Court on Thursday.
Their case was postponed to March 22.
Another 16-year-old boy, who is the seventh accused in the matter, appeared separately in a different case of assault.
The assault charge against him emanates from an incident in which he attacked a fellow pupil in December last year. His case was postponed to March 20.
He is also expected to join the other six minors when they appear on March 22.
Themane, 28, was attacked on February 23 by a group of school children in Flora Park, Polokwane.
The incident was captured on a video which went viral and sparked protests around Polokwane.
The accused all appeared in camera, as they are minors.
National Prosecuting Authority provincial spokesperson Mashudu Malabi told the media that all the minors faced charges of murder.
"But at this stage we can't talk about the merits of the case. We are still at stage one of preliminary inquiries, as all accused are minors.
"The one who appeared alone was arrested last year for the assault of another minor, and the preliminary inquiry into his case is not yet completed," Malabi said.
On Monday, the three adult accused in the murder of Themane appeared in the Polokwane Magistrate's Court.
One accused, Russia Chabangu, had charges dropped, while the other two - Chuene Maleka and Alfred Mothapo - were granted bail of R1 000 each by Magistrate Maharaj Prakash.