Tunis/Tunisia — Tunis Afrique Presse (TAP) news Agency held a ceremony on Saturday morning in Tunis , in honour of the winners of TAP sports poll for the best sportsmen and women who distinguished themselves during the year 2018.
The poll includes an official competition in which sports journalists and technical staff took part, and a public competition organised among its Internet users.
The ceremony was attended by Minister for Social Affairs Mohamed Trabelsi, State Secretary for Sport Ahmed Gaaloul, National Olympic Committee President Mehrez Bouzaiene and TAP CEO Rachid Khechana, as well as several media and sports figures.
A tribute was paid to the stars of the Tunisian sport, to the athletes who unanimously voted in TAP poll, to the public figures, sports associations and team that have distinguished themselves on the Arab and African scale.
TAP also rewarded the actors who have contributed to the promotion of the refereeing field, women's sports and Olympic action sectors, as well as the champions who have honoured the national flag during international competitions in 2018, among athletes with disabilities.
Here is the list of winners:
Sports associations, figures and selections:
- National Football Selection (Qualified to Afcon 2019)
- National Basketball Selection (qualified to the 2019 World Cup)
- National Volleyball Selection (qualified to the 2019 World Cup)
- Espérance sportive de Tunis (Africa Football-Champion)
- Mouine Chaabani (coach of the football team - ES Tunis)
- Espérance sportive de Tunis (handball-Arab Championship)
- Sfax Women's Sports Association (Handball-Arab Championship)
- Tribute to the memory of TAP photographer journalist, Habib Torkhani
- Younes Chettali (former general commissioner for sport, former president of CNOT, FTF, the federation of Athletics ...)
- The Association "Women's Sport"
- CNOT Women and Sport Commission
- Ramzi Khénissi (Handball referee - world cup 2019)
- Ismail Boualloucha (Handball referee - World cup 2019)
- Anouar Hmila (football assistant referee- World cup2018)
Best Paralympic Athlete:
- Oualid Ketila (official contest and public prize)
- Yassine Gharbi
- Abbes saidi
Best Paralympic Sportswoman:
- Raouaa Tlili
- Maroua Brahmi
- Soumaya Bousaid
Audience Award (Raouaa Tlili and Soumaya Bousaid)
- Malek Jaziri (official contest and public prize)
- Makram Missaoui
- Mohamed Hdidane
- Ons Jabeur (official contest and public prize)
- Ines Boubakri
- Ghofrane Belkhir
- Wahbi Khazri (official contest)
- Anice Badri (public prize)
- Naim Sliti
Read the original article on Tunis Afrique Presse.
AllAfrica publishes around 600 reports a day from more than 150 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.
Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.
AllAfrica is a voice of, by and about Africa - aggregating, producing and distributing 600 news and information items daily from over 150 African news organizations and our own reporters to an African and global public. We operate from Cape Town, Dakar, Abuja, Monrovia, Nairobi and Washington DC.