The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has confirmed that it is yet to serve the order of forfeiture issued against the immediate past Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, to the affected banks.
Last week, the tribunal chairman, Mr Danladi Umar, issued an order of forfeiture of millions of naira against Justice Onnoghen to the federal government.
The retired CJN was found guilty of breaching code of conduct rules for public officers by not declaring his assets in line with the code of conduct rules for public office holders.
By the pronouncement of the tribunal, Onnoghen is to forfeit to the federal government a sum of N26.8 million, $137, 700 and 13, 730 pounds sterling found in his domiciliary account with the Standard Chartered Bank, which were said to have been maintained since 2009.
A very senior official of the CCT told LEADERSHIP that the order would be served on the affected bank in due course.
According to him, "The officials of the tribunal were unable to serve the judgement last Friday and today (yesterday), they were not around.
"I am sure in due course, the order will be served on the affected banks."
Umar, in the unanimous judgement said that the tribunal ordered the forfeiture of the various currencies in the accounts because Onnoghen could not disclose the source of the money throughout the trial.
The federal government had, in January 10, 2019 filed a six-count charge bordering on false declaration of assets against Onnoghen and called three witnesses to establish its case against the convicted defendant.