Kenya: President Kenyatta Extends Huduma Namba Registration By a Week

Nairobi — President Uhuru Kenyatta has extended registration for the Huduma Namba by a week.

The listing which had been expected to end on May 18 will now conclude on Saturday, May 25 at 6pm.

"I would like to commend and appreciate the commitment and patience of the 35million Kenyans who have registered so far," President Kenyatta said in a statement late Friday.

He singled out the 42,000 young Kenyans working as Registration Assistants and 8,000 Registration Officers and the 400 ICT officers distributed in all our sub counties in the country for conducting an efficient exercise.

He said he had observed with concern the long queues formed during the final days of the exercise in different parts of the country.

"I have directed the National Inter-ministerial Committee for implementation of this programme to extend the registration period for another 1 week. In this regard therefore, the exercise will effectively close on Saturday, 25th May 2019 at 6pm," he emphasized.

He added that the Diaspora mass registration exercise which started on May 6, 2019 will continue throughout all our missions globally and shall close on June 20, 2019.

See What Everyone is Watching

More From: Capital FM

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 600 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.